Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Exchange #2: Amman, Jordan

It has been a long time since I've blogged, but I'm bringing this blog back to life to detail the next nine weeks of my summer, which will be spent in Amman, Jordan. I will be headed to Amman with the Critical Language Scholarship, which is a program funded by the Department of State to encourage college students to study critical languages. The language which I will be studying is Arabic and I am one of twenty four students on the program.
While in Amman, I will spend a lot of time in Arabic class or practicing the language with local language partners. Even though the program is very academic and language intensive, I am hoping to explore Amman a lot. Further, I will be living with a host family, although I do not have many details about that yet.
This experience will likely have many similarities to the exchange which I did in 2015 in Muscat, Oman, but is also likely to be very different in a number of aspects. Since my exchange in Oman, I have continued studying Arabic at college. I am very excited to be back in the Middle East and immersed in Arabic once again and am hopeful that my Arabic will significantly improve during these nine weeks.
I leave for Pre-Departure Orientation in two days, and then will head to Jordan. The past few weeks have been rather hectic with preparing for leaving, and it seems weird that it is now almost time to go.
I will try to keep this blog updated reasonably frequently, but I am not sure how often I will have internet access.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment